Climbing is an excellent tool for outdoor leaders to help student learn teamwork, communication and problem solving skills. This course will provide (or give you a chance to refresh) the skills and knowledge required to guide a group of climbers on an artificial climbing wall. It has been designed to provide opportunities for experienced leaders to move through the course quickly or for beginning leaders to be able to take the time to consolidate their skills before assessment.
As with all of our courses we pay special attention to how this activity can be used educationally by paying specific attention to teaching strategies, active reflection methods and how to help your group members transfer their learning to everyday life.
The course is run over 2 days and covers:
- basic climbing skills
- anchor setup
- rescue methods
- group management
- teaching and reflection strategies
If you would like us to send you out an information pack so you can see:
- How the training will be delivered and what assessment will be required.
- The units of competency that make up the course
- Some information about the trainers and assessors providing the course
- Guidelines to help you decide if this course is suitable
||Course Start Date
||Course End Date