This course is delivered at various sites around Queensland and is delivered over a 3 month period. Each course consists of 2 practical weekends.
These units can be obtained via RPL if you are currently working in an outdoor recreation environment and have access to experienced outdoor leaders with Abseiling qualifications who would be willing to vouch for your skills.
Bushwalking is an excellent tool for outdoor leaders to help students learn teamwork, communication and problem solving skills. This course will provide (or give you a chance to refresh) the skills and knowledge required to guide a group of bushwalkers on overnight hike. It has been designed to provide opportunities for experienced leaders to move through the course quickly, or for beginning leaders to be able to take the time to consolidate their skills before assessment.
As with all of our courses we pay special attention to how this activity can be used educationally by paying specific attention to teaching strategies, active reflection methods and how to help your group members transfer their learning to everyday life.
The course is run over 2 days and covers:
- overnight camping skills
- bushwalking skills
- group management
- teaching and reflection strategies
- SISOBWG201A Demonstrate bushwalking skills in a controlled environment
- SISOBWG303A Guide bushwalks in a controlled environment
- SISONAV201A Demonstrate navigation skills in a controlled environment
- SISOOPS202A Use and maintain a temporary or overnight site
- SISOODR303A Guide outdoor recreation sessions
- PUAOPE013A Operate communication systems and equipment
|Name||Location||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|Bushwalking Course - Training (Private course, contact the RTO to enrol)||Tallebudgera||23/03/2019||24/03/2019||$600.00|
|Bushwalking - Assessment Weekend (Overnight course)||Tallebudgera & Gold Coast Hinterland||11/05/2019||12/05/2019||$600.00|