This course, from the Foundation Skills Training Package, is being delivered at various sites across Queensland.
It can be delivered in:
- high schools;
- in schools with components delivered at an Outdoor or Environmental Education Centre; or,
- at an Outdoor or Environmental Education Centre.
Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways is targeted at Indigenous students with the aim of increasing employment opportunities by attaining a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), learning in real world contexts, enriching cultural knowledge and connecting to community.
Suitable for students in Years 10 -12, this course contributes 4 points towards their QCE and satisfies the QCE literacy and numeracy requirements.
The course can be completed in 6 months to 1 year and covers:
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills in the workplace
- Work Health and Safety
- Australian Indigenous cultural knowledge
- Employability skills and learning pathways
If the course is facilitated by an Outdoor Education Centre, three Outdoor Recreation competencies can be included to give students experience in working in the outdoors.