This course is delivered at various sites around Queensland and is delivered over a 3 month period. Each course consists of 2 practical weekends.
Both EQ and private school teachers may apply for a Recognition of Prior Learning for the competency SISOSNK403A Instruct Snorkelling Activities. This accredited short course is designed to give successful participants the skills and knowledge to plan, instruct and evaluate practical snorkelling sessions for your students.
This course is designed to enable participants to achieve the skills and knowledge required to conduct a range of snorkelling activites in confined and or open water conditions. This short course may also apply to outdoor recreation leaders working for outdoor education or adventure providers, volunteer groups, not for profit organisations or government agencies.
NOTE: An editable version of this RPL Kit can be downloaded here.
If you are looking for a snorkelling qualification to allow you to meet Education Queensland’s Risk Management guidelines (CARA) this course is for you. The training has been specifically developed for teachers and outdoor leaders delivering snorkelling activities to school students.
The course is run over 2 days and covers:
- snorkelling skills
- guiding snorkelling sessions
- a trip to an offshore snorkelling site
- rescue methods
- group management
- teaching and reflection strategies
If you would like us to send you out an information pack so you can see:
- How the training will be delivered and what assessment will be required.
- The units of competency that make up the course
- Some information about the trainers and assessors providing the course
- Guidelines to help you decide if this course is suitable
|Name||Location||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|