This course is delivered on the Gold Coast. Each course consists of 3 practical weekends.
It may be possible to obtain these units via RPL if you are currently working in an outdoor recreation environment, have extensive experiences and have access to experienced outdoor leaders with Climbing qualifications who would be willing to vouch for your skills.
Climbing Leader - Top Rope, Artificial Surfaces
Artificial Climbing to lead and supervise participants during single pitch top rope climbing activities on artificial surfaces.
You will be able to demonstrate and instruct single pitch top rope climbing and belaying techniques for artificial surfaces. To do this, leaders must be proficient in single pitch top rope climbing skills which are covered by other units. And it will cover the skills required to adjust activities according to prevailing conditions and participant capabilities.
The course is run over 5 days and covers:
- single pitch top rope climbing
- belaying techniques for artificial surfaces
This course will consist of:
- precourse work,
- attendance at a 3 day training course (Friday - Sunday),
- a project and practice to be undertaken in your own time and,
- 2 x 1 day assessment weekends.
- SISOCLM001 Top rope climb single pitches, artificial surfaces
- SISOCLM005 Establish belays for single pitch climbing on artificial surfaces
- SISOCLM008 Lead single pitch climbing activities on artificial surfaces, top rope climbing
- SISOPLN004 Identify hazards, assess and control risks for outdoor recreation activities
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXEMR001 Respond to emergency situations
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
Cost: $1,200.00 for all training and assessment
Climbing Leader – Top Rope, Artificial Surfaces – TRAINING WEEKEND: 31/07/2020 – 02/08/2020
Climbing Leader – Top Rope, Artificial Surfaces – ASSESSMENT DAY: 02/08/2020
Climbing Leader – Top Rope, Artificial Surfaces – ASSESSMENT DAY: 22/08/2020
Climbing Leader – Top Rope, Artificial Surfaces – ASSESSMENT DAY: 10/10/2020
For all enquiries please contact Will Hanrahan – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: 0436 837 851