This course may be delivered by Environmental Education Centres across Queensland. It can be delivered one day per week or in blocks of learning over 1 – 2 years.
Certificate III in Indigenous Land Management is targeted at Indigenous students and provides them with a range of practical conservation and land management skills, knowledge of traditional Indigenous customs and practices, and the opportunity to explore employment options or further study in this field.
The course covers:
- Work Health and Safety and emergency procedures
- Australian Indigenous knowledge of country
- Environmentally sustainable work practices
- Safe operation of machinery and equipment
- Revegetating and maintaining natural and cultural sites
- Learning pathways and careers in the area of conservation and land management
Suitable for students in the senior years, this course contributes 8 points towards their QCE.