This course is delivered at various sites around Queensland and is delivered over a 3 month period. Each course consists of 2 practical weekends.
These units can be obtained via RPL if you are currently working in an outdoor recreation environment and have access to experienced outdoor leaders with Bushwalking qualifications who would be willing to vouch for your skills.
SISSS00015 Bushwalking Guide Controlled Environment Skill set
Bushwalking is an excellent tool for outdoor leaders to help students learn teamwork, communication and problem solving skills. This course will provide (or give you a chance to refresh) the skills and knowledge required to guide a group of bushwalkers on overnight hike.
As with all of our courses we pay special attention to how this activity can be used educationally by paying specific attention to teaching strategies, active reflection methods and how to help your group members transfer their learning to everyday life.
The course is run over 4 days and covers:
- overnight camping skills
- bushwalking skills
- group management
- teaching and reflection strategies
This course will consist of:
- precourse work,
- attendance at a 2 day training course (Saturday - Sunday),
- a project and practice to be undertaken in your own time and,
- a final 2 day overnight assessment weekend.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
- SISOBWG201A Demonstrate bushwalking skills in a controlled environment
- SISOBWG303A Guide bushwalks in a controlled environment
- SISONAV201A Demonstrate navigation skills in a controlled environment
- SISOODR302A Plan outdoor recreation activities
- SISOODR303A Guide outdoor recreation sessions
- SISOOPS201A Minimise environmental impact
- SISOOPS304A - Plan for minimal environmental impact
- SISOOPS306A Interpret weather conditions in the field
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate groups
- SISXEMR001 Respond to emergency situations
- SISXOHS101A Follow occupational health and safety policies
- SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities
|Name||Location||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|