This course is delivered at various sites around Queensland and is delivered over a 3 month period. Each course consists of 2 practical weekends.
These units can be obtained via RPL if you are currently working in an outdoor recreation environment and have access to experienced outdoor leaders with Abseiling qualifications who would be willing to vouch for your skills.
Artificial Abseiling Guide
Artificial Abseiling is an excellent tool for outdoor leaders to help student learn teamwork‚ communication and problem solving skills. This course will provide (or give you a chance to refresh) the skills and knowledge required to guide a group of climbers on an artificial wall. It has been designed to provide opportunities for experienced leaders to move through the course quickly or for beginning leaders to be able to take the time to consolidate their skills before assessment.
As with all of our courses we pay special attention to how this activity can be used educationally by paying specific attention to teaching strategies, active reflection methods and how to help your group members transfer their learning to everyday life.
The course is run over 2 days and covers:
- basic abseil skills
- anchor setup
- rescue methods
- group management
- teaching and reflection strategies
- SISOABA201A - Demonstrate abseiling skills on artificial surfaces
- SISOABA302A - Apply single pitch abseiling skills on artificial surfaces
- SISOABA303A - Establish ropes for abseiling on artificial surfaces
- SISOABA304A - Guide abseiling on single pitch artificial surfaces
- SISOABN202A - Safeguard an abseiler using a single rope belay system
|Name||Location||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|